The Tailhook Association is an independent, fraternal, nonprofit organization internationally recognized as the premier supporter of the aircraft carrier and other sea-based aviation. The purposes of the Association are: to foster, encourage, develop, study, and support the aircraft carrier, sea-based aircraft, both fixed and rotary wing, and aircrews of the United States of America; and to educate and inform the public in the appropriate role of the aircraft carrier and carrier aviation in the nation's defense system.
The Foundation scholarship program awards over 100 scholarships annually. These grants assist the children and grandchildren of former and current naval aviators and Aircrewmen as well as aircraft carrier based personnel studying in the many fields of College undergraduate education. Another part of our Foundation’s ongoing educational program is to fund sending over 1000 quarterly copies of the The Hook magazine to high schools and colleges throughout the United States; most of these magazines go to NROTC and NJROTC units. We need your help to further expand The Hook magazine’s distribution to more high schools and colleges. Please visit the HOOK—TO—SCHOOL link and support a high school or college in your area or, just ask the Tailhook Educational Foundation staff assign your HOOK—TO—SCHOOL donation to a school not currently supported.
TEF Tax ID Number: 33-048778
The genesis of the current Tailhook Association was the first Tailhook Reunion held at Rosarito Beach, Baja California, Republic of Mexico, in 1956. From this small gathering, our annual reunions and the Association have grown in size and professional stature.
Regular Tailhook Association membership is open to anyone who has made a carrier landing. Additionally, Associate Membership is open to anyone who has the desire to support U.S. Naval Carrier Aviation and the goals of the Tailhook Association. Associate Members have all privileges of regular members with the exception of voting rights. Regular and Associate life memberships are available. The same provisions and benefits of Regular and Associate Annual Memberships apply.
It is the vision of the Tailhook Association to be internationally recognized as the premier organization for support of carrier and other sea-based aviation.
" ... to foster, encourage, develop, study, and support the aircraft carrier, sea-based aircraft, both fixed and rotary wing, and aircrews of the United States of America; and to educate and inform the public in the appropriate role of the aircraft carrier and carrier aviation in the nation's defense system."
The objectives of the Tailhook Association in implementation of the stated purposes are:
- Expand the membership base, with continued focus on active duty. Honor the service and sacrifices of all those who are, or have been a part of, carrier-based aviation.
- Educate the public on the importance of carrier and other sea-based aviation and contribute to improved communications among civilian and military communities regarding carrier aviation matters.
- Promote the Tailhook Educational Foundation in its mission of providing higher educational scholarship assistance.
- Provide an interactive forum for fleet aviator thought and opinion on carrier aviation matters, particularly those of junior aviators.
- Contribute to the enhancement of professionalism, camaraderie and morale among carrier and other sea-based aviators.
- Honor and give special recognition to those who have made exceptional contributions to the advancement of carrier-based Naval Aviation.
- Uphold a commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.